none
remote desktop

Question

• my QU is : when i try to log on to the server 2003 remotely as an administrator  this message come appear (to log on this remote computer you must be granted .......etc) and this happened when i allowed one group log on through terminal service in local policy

thanks

Monday, December 29, 2014 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>> this happened when i allowed one group log on through terminal service in local policy

By default, on workstations and member servers, administrators and remote desktop users have the privileges to log on through remote desktop services. On domain controllers, domain admins have the privilege to do this.

If we have explicitly allowed someone to log on through RDS  via group policy setting Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services, we must add all the users who we want to allow to log on remotely in the setting. In this case, we need to add the administrator in the setting.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> this happened when i allowed one group log on through terminal service in local policy

By default, on workstations and member servers, administrators and remote desktop users have the privileges to log on through remote desktop services. On domain controllers, domain admins have the privilege to do this.

If we have explicitly allowed someone to log on through RDS  via group policy setting Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services, we must add all the users who we want to allow to log on remotely in the setting. In this case, we need to add the administrator in the setting.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 2:29 AM
  • By the way, when need to manage the working networks remotely, You may also consider on our free Lepide remote admin tool that comes with very comprehensive features and provides a very easier way to work remotely.

Lepide - Simplifying IT Management

Monday, January 5, 2015 9:32 AM