none
Add 3rd Front End to exsiting pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 2 Front End servers in our enterprise pool. Now I have read that best practise is to have 3 or more Front Ends in your pool.

As we have performance issues on our Vmware hosted vms, so my idea is to add an extra front end but then a physical one. Is that possible

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Hans van Deursen,

Mixing virtual and physical Lync servers in the same pool is not supported.

All Lync server roles in a pool must be deployed either all physical or all virtual, except for the scenario of a virtual Front End Server and a physical SQL Server Back End Server.

Here is an article for your reference

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg399035.aspx

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:38 AM

All replies

• You can add a physical front end.

I have a question for you. Did you follow the Microsoft best practices for virtual Lync servers when deploying the first two front ends? Does each virtual front end have two hex core processors that are dedicated?

-Don

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:37 PM
  • Hi Hans van Deursen,

Mixing virtual and physical Lync servers in the same pool is not supported.

All Lync server roles in a pool must be deployed either all physical or all virtual, except for the scenario of a virtual Front End Server and a physical SQL Server Back End Server.

Here is an article for your reference

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg399035.aspx

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:39 AM