Downstream server has less updates than the Upstream server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a DSS (Downstream server) that syncs the metadata from a USS(Upstream server) at our place. I counted the number of updates in the database using the `IsLatestRevision` field in the revision table. They are different on both the WSUS servers.

The DSS has less updates than the USS. The query is as follows. 

SELECT COUNT(*)
      FROM [SUSDB].[dbo].[tbRevision]
      where IsLatestRevision=1

Is this the proper way to count the number of updates, if yes, why there is a mismatch. 
    Please help, i am confused on this. Any help appreciated.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Suraj,

is the downstream server configured in autonomous mode (the default), or is it in replica mode? It's only in replica mode that all of the updates will be replicated.

If you find the answer of assistance please "Vote as Helpful"and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps others to find solutions for there issues, and recognises contributions made to the community :)

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Suraj,

is the downstream server configured in autonomous mode (the default), or is it in replica mode? It's only in replica mode that all of the updates will be replicated.

If you find the answer of assistance please "Vote as Helpful"and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps others to find solutions for there issues, and recognises contributions made to the community :)

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:35 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Its a autonomous server (using default).
    At DSS it is not allowed to select updates, as it is managed by the USS. So there should not be any mismatch in the count. Any help appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Monday, August 3, 2015 11:40 AM
  • If it's in auto mode it could indeed have a different count, as it's administered independently of the upstream. I believe you are getting it confused with replica mode

Monday, August 3, 2015 12:31 PM