Uploaded file ends up in document library root instead of folder RRS feed

• Question

• When I try and upload a file to a particular folder the file ends up in the root of the document library instead of the folder. This only happens with a particular folder - other folders in the same document library puts the file in the correct folder. Does anyone have an idea on what migh be wrong?
    Friday, January 18, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Boomshanka,

Is there any item / folder level permission set on that particular folder ?

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:38 AM
  • Hi Pratik,

All the permissions on the folder are inherited from the parent document library, which in turn inherits permissions from the web. The strange thing is that I seem to be able to upload files in the folder using a different account, but when I compare the web-permissions for the two accounts they are exactly the same (both members of the Member-group). For any other folder in the same document library, using either one account will put the file in the folder too.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:50 PM