none
Converting Evaluation version to Production - DPM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently downloaded an evaluation version of SC DPM 2012 SP1 and installed it on my production DPM 2012 server, thinking that since I already had licensing it would just detect that.  However, it looks like it converted my system to the evaluation version.  Is there some way to convert it back to normal?  I don't see the licensing menus that I used to see in the 2012 version.  When I downloaded the evaluation, it did not say it was the beta version, so I believe it is the release version. 

My database is now named MSDPM2012EVAL

KW

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you just run the upgrade again with the RTM SP1 download.

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Marked as answer by sdhondaman Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to upgrade with DPM RTM SP1.

DPM RTM SP1 Setup will detect the older version and upgrade it.

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

• Proposed as answer by Stephane LADUNE Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Since I've already upgraded, is it possible to just run the upgrade again with the RTM download?  Or do I need to do some sort of conversion?  What happens when the evaluation period is up?  What does MS suggest then?

KW

• Edited by sdhondaman Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, you just run the upgrade again with the RTM SP1 download.

Stephane

• Marked as answer by sdhondaman Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:04 PM