windows 7 slow to respond. Programs not opening, files not executing. RRS feed

• Question

• internet explorer 10 was downloading everything clicked on yesterday. It picked up google chrome. mozilla firefox, then it latched onto system file when I went to disc defragmenter. These files are pesently in Document files, I do not know a way of restoring them. My wi-fi connection went down for some reason. I was able to reconnect to internet via free dial-up service. My antenna/adapter from Powerlink will not install even though I have the software disc, Programs are not responding. I've downloaded google chrome , but it will not install. Files and anything else with exe. are not responding. Nothing I have attempted to do to improve the situation has any effect. It is like applications and programs just plain "do not function" it is related to program exe. But I do not know what to try at this point. I've never had a computer in this condition. It behaves on wi-fi connection as if it were on dial-up with a bad modem. The wi-fi signal is excellent and was showing 24mbps to 54 mbps when my Ralink adapter software was still installed. My computer is telling me I do not have proper permissions to perform some tasks. I am the only person who has used this computer since purchased 9-26-12. I am the admiistrator and the computer is not recognizing this. Any ideas would be most welcome to begin returning windows 7 to where it was yesterday morning. System restore does not function. I have back-up discs from Dec 2012, but auto run does not show what is on the disc. Ralink software will not install for the adapter/anternna. I am presently using the adapter installed in the Compaq Presario CQ-57 wwm-339.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 9:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If this issue occurred recently, I suggest you perform a system restore.

For detail steps, you can refer to System Restore.

In addition, for performance issue, you can boot into Clean Boot mode to see how it works.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:44 AM