WSUS 2012r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have WSUS 2012r2 installed. On the WSUS server I have a computer group for production workstations and one for test workstations. In AD I have an OU for production workstations and a OU for test workstations both with client side targeting enabled.  One workstation that I have in the test workstations OU in AD was not in the test workstation group on the WSUS server - it was in the unassigned group.  This workstation had not communicated with the WSUS server. For this reason, when I did the first push of MS updates the workstation in question did not receive them.  I found the problem and corrected it about a week after the push with the workstation now reporting status in the workstation test group on WSUS.  A little over a week has past since I made the correction but the workstation never got the updates that I push out previously, should it have?  Or will it get them during my next push of updates?

Francisco Mercado Jr.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>A little over a week has past since I made the correction but the workstation never got the updates that I push out previously, should it have?

Actually, WSUS doesn't push the updates to the clients. Instead, clients pull the updates from WSUS server.

Please try to click "Check for updates" on the client.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:37 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:41 AM
  • Hi,

>>By clicking updates on the client it displays 57 important updates to install.

It means that your WSUS deployment works properly. Now, just install the updates which you need.

If we don't install them manually, these updates will be installed at next scheduled installation.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>A little over a week has past since I made the correction but the workstation never got the updates that I push out previously, should it have?

Actually, WSUS doesn't push the updates to the clients. Instead, clients pull the updates from WSUS server.

Please try to click "Check for updates" on the client.

Best Regards.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:41 AM
  • By clicking updates on the client it displays 57 important updates to install.

Francisco Mercado Jr.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

>>By clicking updates on the client it displays 57 important updates to install.

It means that your WSUS deployment works properly. Now, just install the updates which you need.

If we don't install them manually, these updates will be installed at next scheduled installation.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:09 AM