none
Access to users once Project Planner add them to the Plan and Publish it to PWA 2013 - RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am using Project Server Security Mode-in Project Server 2013.
    I want to give automatic permission granted to all project team members- when Project Planner publishes the project  plan to server.
    I wanted my team members to see/Read Project Schedule, update their tasks, do Task delegates to other team member etc things.
    ....:)

Thanks

• Edited by mafab Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:07 PM brief descrption added
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version and what permission mode are you using?

The team member should have access to the project once the project has been published but it depends on what access you require for them

You can use as starting point:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197286.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219510.aspx

Paul

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Hi,

We would need more détails.

• Which Project Server version are you using?
    • In case it is 2013, please mention the security mode you're using.
    • Do you use the default groups/categories?
    • What kind of access do you want the team members to be granted (read only, read write, MS Project Pro, PWA)?
    • Does that mean that right now, members of the proejct team do not have access to the project plan? What is the behavior?

Basically if you're using the Project Server permission mode, you just have to insert the users in the project team and publish the project. then the team members will have at least read only access to the plan in PWA.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hi Paul/Guillaume,
    I am using Project Server Security Mode-in Project Server 2013.
    team members to be required  (read only, read write, PWA) permission to their tasks,
    Right now-members of resource pool can see all schedules-(no restriction) because the resource pool is not synced with AD.

• Edited by mafab Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:12 PM comment updated
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

I would check then the permissions assigned against the security categories for the team members. Also, make sure the users are not assigned to other user groups and/or individual permissions.

You can try using the default configuration for the team members and assign more permissions for the My Task category

Please note the users can edit the project tasks in the My Task page and submit them for approval to the Project owner/project manager so maybe they do not require necessarily the edit permissions for the project.

Hope this helps

Paul 

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Hi,
    thanks guys-I got solution- but by some way below-

what I did is- I created a custom SECURITY template "Contoso team members" - copied from project managers template and there removed extra permissions.
    Then- I create a custom GROUP Contoso Team Members - where I applied above security template.

Then I edited-each single user-and applied the Category - Tasks and Projects-then applied the above created SECURITY template to that user->save . and I got access to all projects where he is assigned tasks.

Lil more work needed- but cant get things with straight way.
    Suggest-If you have any other way ?

Thnks 

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:27 PM
  • Hi,

You're pretty on the good path, but after creating the group and the category, you need first to add the category to the group (or the contrary, meaning you have to associate them). Then edit the group and add the users to the group. Depending on how you configured the category (use RBS or not), you might need to add the appropriate projects to the category.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:25 AM
  • mafab:

Let me stop you here. Assigning users directly to categories is a big mistake. Definitely not a best practice. Assign users to groups, and groups to categories. Do not edit user permissions directly either. Always work through groups.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, March 5, 2015 9:43 PM