Is Yahoo Messenger not compatible with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Yahoo Messenger 10.0.0.1102. When the chat window is filled up, it doesn't scroll up? Who is at fault Yahoo Messenger or Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on which it was installed?

ThanQ...

Sunday, March 28, 2010 2:55 AM

Answers

• Hi ESM_51,

According to Yahoo website, Yahoo Messenger version 10 is compatible with Windows 7. Try uninstalling the software from Control Panel -> Programs and Features. After that, download a fresh copy of Yahoo Messenger version 10 from Yahoo and then install it to check the result.

If the issue persists, please contact Yahoo Support directly to confirm if this is a known issue.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by ESM_51 Monday, March 29, 2010 2:39 PM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi ESM_51,

According to Yahoo website, Yahoo Messenger version 10 is compatible with Windows 7. Try uninstalling the software from Control Panel -> Programs and Features. After that, download a fresh copy of Yahoo Messenger version 10 from Yahoo and then install it to check the result.

If the issue persists, please contact Yahoo Support directly to confirm if this is a known issue.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by ESM_51 Monday, March 29, 2010 2:39 PM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 8:32 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I was just checking if anyone else had faced same issue.

ThanQ...

Monday, March 29, 2010 2:40 PM
  • This is not a problem with Windows 7. It is a chronic problem with Yahoo Messenger, which may be related to Internet Explorer. I run XP and have struggled with the problem for two years, with both Yahoo Messenger 9 and now 10. Comments on Yahoo Messenger Help are inane and answers tend to revolve around uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger. Windows 7 is not at fault. Go after Yahoo!!

From the number of questions regarding this same problem on the Yahoo Help site, it appears that a large number of people are struggling with this same issue.

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:14 PM
  • Same here man,, i got Win 7 and same problems like others..  This SUCKS.
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:02 PM
  • I've had problems with current versions of Yahoo Messenger on Windows 7 as well. I had to revert to version 9 to resolve the issue. Check here:

http://itswapshop.com/articles/yahoo-messenger-crashes-windows-7-64-bit

• Proposed as answer by ingram87 Saturday, November 3, 2012 9:00 PM
    Monday, January 2, 2012 3:58 PM