Accessing a Proclarity Report from .Net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are in the process of porting some Excel spreadsheets to a .Net application (desktop).
    In the spreadsheets the data from our OLAP base is retreived using the ProclarityExcel add-in.

I would basically like to run the same reports and retrieve the values in the new .Net application.
    Does anyone have a pointer to where in the Proclarity SDK I can find functionality that lets me reuse these reports?

regards
    Kjartan

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:50 PM

Answers

• ProClarity has COM controls that allow you to embed the functionality into custom applications.   If you install the SDK, check out the samples directory for simple but effective uses of these controls.

If you want full interactivity of the data, there are also 3rd party OLAP controls (Dundas or Snoflake.NET) that are made for .NET.  I think there are even people beginning to work with Microsoft Silverlight technology but haven't heard anything yet.

If you just want to bring back data from Analysis Services without offering slicing/dicing, then just use ADOMD to return a cellset of data to whatever grid/table control you want to use.

-Kory

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:18 PM

All replies

• ProClarity has COM controls that allow you to embed the functionality into custom applications.   If you install the SDK, check out the samples directory for simple but effective uses of these controls.

If you want full interactivity of the data, there are also 3rd party OLAP controls (Dundas or Snoflake.NET) that are made for .NET.  I think there are even people beginning to work with Microsoft Silverlight technology but haven't heard anything yet.

If you just want to bring back data from Analysis Services without offering slicing/dicing, then just use ADOMD to return a cellset of data to whatever grid/table control you want to use.

-Kory

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:18 PM
  •  

i want to generate a ' Performance Map' report( Heat Map ) through DotNet application.

Please give me an idea how to do the same .

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:09 AM
  • Have you looked into embedding the ProClarity Performance Map control in your application?

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:21 PM
  • Dear Ben,

how to create performance map with online data and how can i deploy the report in pas ?

Monday, January 7, 2008 7:03 AM
  •  

Vivek,

I believe Ben is suggesting you embed the Perf Map in your application and optionally deploy the application to a web site of your choosing.  I do not believe that an active Perf Map can be deployed via PAS.  Please go to download.microsoft.com and search for ProClarity to get the SDK. 

Thanks,

-Joey

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:08 PM