WSUS3 SP2 Not working after a reboot RRS feed

• Question

• After a restart of a W2k3 SBS server, I noticed that the Application log was flooded with Event ID 33002 (MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE errors. " Access to the table xxxx is blocked because the signature is not valid.

I did notice that KB2720211 was installed (perhaps recently), and that this may have revoked some certificates.

I tried various fixes with no joy.

I have removed WSUS, and am trying to reinstall, but the installation fails at the end whilst configuring the database.

I am installing the database to D:\WSUS and using WID.

From WSUSSetupmsi_150531_1005.log:

MSI (s) (88:DC) [10:06:34:584]: Note: 1: 1708 
    MSI (s) (88:DC) [10:06:34:584]: Product: Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (88:DC) [10:06:34:584]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2. Product Version: 3.2.7600.226. Product Language: 0. Installation success or error status: 1603.

This event in the Application log:

11722 MsiInstaller

Product: Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action ExDetachDb, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI49.tmp, command: -S GAN01\MICROSOFT##SSEE -Q "EXEC sp_detach_db 'SUSDB', 'false'" -l "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WSUSCa_150531_1045.log" 

This was reported in the WSUSCa_150531_1003.log

Problems recording information in the msdb..suspect_pages table were encountered. This error does not interfere with any activity except maintenance of the suspect_pages table. Check the error log for more information.
    Changed database context to 'master'.

The install rolls back, and I cannot progress.

I have deleted the  susdb.mdf and susdb_log.ldf files, then restarted. It does not seem to make a difference.

Following some articles I have also reloaded all of the Performance Counters (lodctr /R)

I cannot seem to get the application to install. It was working perfectly before the reboot.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi PD4DT,

According to the log file:

Action ExDetachDb,
    command: -S GAN01\MICROSOFT##SSEE -Q "EXEC sp_detach_db 'SUSDB', 'false'" -l "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WSUSCa_150531_1045.log"

You got issue to detach the database GAN01\MICROSOFT##SSEE.

Refer to:

Trouble installing WSUS on SBS 2008

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by AnnaWY Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by AnnaWY Friday, June 12, 2015 2:56 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 7:44 AM