non working cd/dvd rom RRS feed

• Question

• to star off i know all bout the device manager. have done everything humanly possible( that the computer offers). I was in the middle of burn a dvd, when all of a sudden it stops. says burn failure, and the drawer wouldnt open. I had to shut the system down and press the button as it was trying to reboot. I've spent the last 24hrs trying everything thing possible that the manual, control pannel, device manager, and what ever I could find on the net. I've stuck in the drivers ultilties disc, NOTHING! Anyone got ANY SUGGESTIONS? BEING WITHOUT A WORKING DISC DRIVE IS LIKE A DRUG ADDICT NEEDING A FIX! WELL I NEED MY FIX!!!! PLEASE SOME1 I BEG YOU HELP ME!!!!

Sunday, November 23, 2008 12:22 AM

Answers

• Tony

It may be that the drive simply died?

If the system is still under warranty, I would contact support for the PC manufacturer to see if there are any known issues with that particular drive. If not, explain to them everything you have tried and ask for a replacement drive.

After the problem is resolved, if creating CD/DVD disks is that important to you, I would recommend purchasing an external USB drive for a backup in case you have more problems.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 1:04 AM