error message when trying to update NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to update NVIDIA on windows automatic update it fails and I receive a code. The code is 80246001. The only other information that i get on the error screen is that this is an unknown error. Could someone help me please??  
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:30 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Monday, September 27, 2010 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

According to the model of NVIDIA card, it is always suggested to download the latest driver from the device vendor's offical download site, please click here.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

According to the model of NVIDIA card, it is always suggested to download the latest driver from the device vendor's offical download site, please click here.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:30 AM
  • I'm not sure if you ever figured this out, but I've been struggling with it for a while and finally came up with the answer!

I have a Dell laptop with a nvidia GEForce 8400 M GS.

The microsoft update is for an GEForce 8400 GS (not for the notebook graphics card).

You can go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT SERIES IS "M" or notebook

And download the

Verde 280.26 Driver

Version:

280.26 <sup>WHQL</sup>

Release Date:

Operating System:

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit

Language:

English (U.S.)

File Size: