none
Strange driver problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

i am trying to find a solution to one problem, but i am not able to and i need help from the community.

I have a HP ProBook 430 G4 computer that i tried to configure in MDT. When i deploy the image from MDT in my office, all the driver install well in the computer. When a college try to deploy the image in another part of the building, there are 5 device without drivers. We use the same MDT server, the same task sequence. I really don't understand why.

I have put all the log needed in this OneDrive folder : https://sherbrooke-my.sharepoint.com/personal/marc-andre_labonte_sherbrooke_ca/Documents/MDTLogs?csf=1&e=124779ae980e469fa237b254b2b232a5

In the Control directory, i have put the XML drivers config of the deployment share

In the HardwareID directory, i have put the XML with all the HardwareID of the computer and another file with only the missing driver. 

In the SetupAPI directory, i have put all the SetupAPI files of the computer having the problem.

In MDT, i have a step "Set DriverGroup" to set the variable "DriverGroup001" to "Windows 10 x64\%Make%\%Model%" to match the computer model.

The deployment in problem occur between 9:29 and 9:52 in the logs.

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:22 PM

Answers

• To be honest I did not see any hints in your log files which might point to the cause of the issues you encountered. If I were in your shoes, I would put this on the backburner and, should the issue rear its ugly head again, pull the log files again and we could have another go at determining the root cause. This is the best advice I can offer at this point.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by timarcandre Monday, November 20, 2017 1:17 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 9:12 PM

All replies

• Could you check permissions on the shared folder - I tried accessing your log files and ran into a permissions problem.

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:41 PM
  • Thanks Anton for the reply!

can you try this link?

https://sherbrooke-my.sharepoint.com/personal/marc-andre_labonte_sherbrooke_ca/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?folderid=062d8b303e982421cbda9583a9bb0a158&authkey=AXjKWVr7VzM8PO8OqX1MLKo&expiration=2017-11-30T05%3A00%3A00.000Z&e=ac53ef9ba76843bca0431b15e1dd36fb

Thanks!

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:50 PM
  • I took a quick glance at your logs. According to your BDD.log, the Make and Model values match DriverGroup001 and I can see both in BDD.log and ZTIDriver.log that INF files are being copied to your machine. In all three deployments I can see in the log file, 72 drivers were detected. So on a cursory examination, driver injection should work. Weird.

Are you deploying the same device in different parts of the building and end up with a different result?

Cheers,
    Anton

Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:51 PM
  • Yes Anton, i am deploying the same device in different parts of the building and the result is different.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:56 PM
  • Finally, this morning, it work at both places. 

It is not the first time i see something like this. It is like sometimes, MDT fail to deploy correctly, but normally it works.

Any clue to permanantly solve this type of problem?

Thanks!

Friday, November 17, 2017 6:13 PM
  • To be honest I did not see any hints in your log files which might point to the cause of the issues you encountered. If I were in your shoes, I would put this on the backburner and, should the issue rear its ugly head again, pull the log files again and we could have another go at determining the root cause. This is the best advice I can offer at this point.

Cheers,
    Anton

• Marked as answer by timarcandre Monday, November 20, 2017 1:17 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 9:12 PM
  • Thanks Anton for your help!

I will close the thread and open a new one if the problem comes back.

Monday, November 20, 2017 1:17 PM