Not getting "Open Recurring Item" prompt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

We have users on Outlook 2016 clients accessing their emails on Office 365.

There is a manager here who delegated access to his calendar to his secretary.

The manager has a recurring meeting every Tuesday but has accepted another meeting that overlaps with one occurence of the recurring meeting.

The secretary tried to open the recurring meeting that 'clashed' to modify the time but did not get the "Open Recurring Item" prompt.

So she did not modify it because she does not know if she will modify only that instance or all instances.

I opened the recurring meeting in question and when I clicked on recurrence I saw that it is indeed a recurring meeting.

So, in what circumstances will a user not get the "Open Recurring Item" prompt?

And in my case, if the secretary goes ahead and modifies the 'clashing' occurence, how can I be sure that she is modifying only that one?

Update: the secretary reported that after a restart, she finally got the "Open Recurring Item" prompt...
    Friday, June 9, 2017 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Nad,

Glad that the issue has been resolved.

A restart in the secretary Outlook would force a sync for the shared folders (manager's calendar) if the secretary is using Outlook Cached mode with "Download Shared folders" configured. It can also resolve some unexpected behavior in Outlook sometimes. 

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 7:59 AM