none
Manage Hyper-V Core Cluster Workgroup (without domain): "List Disks" failed with "The remote procedure call failed"

Question

• Hello.

Before writing I have read hundreds of posts, articles, ... and I have enabled all the permissions/parameters to permit the connection without domain.

I have installed an Hyper-V 2019 Core Cluster Workgroup (without domain): it functions perfectly.

I can connect to the nodes with Hyper-V Manager from my PC (in domain).

But when I try to connect to the cluster with Failover Cluster Manager:

• the name in the tree has a red down arrow
    • the cluster status is "Down"
    • the cluster service status is "Running" for all nodes

If I run a Validation Test, I have the following error: "List Disks" failed with "The remote procedure call failed" and in the Event Viewer I have the error 81 "LogExtendedErrorInformation (974): Extended RPC error information:".

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best.
    Alessandro

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Thank you Candy!

Some updates: now after an hundred changes to TrustedHosts, I'm able to open Failover Cluster Manager without red down arrow and the cluster service status is "Running".

But I have another problem: now If I run a Validation Test, I have the following error: "List Disks" failed with "Access is Denied".

And if I try to create a new Virtual Machine in Failover Cluster Manager, I have the error 0x80131500 "WinRM cannot process the request. The following error occurred while using kerberos authentication. Cannot find the computer HOST1.domain.local."

I can ping HOST1 and HOST1.domain.local without problems.

Thanks.

Best.
    Alessandro

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:05 PM
  • Hello.

Close to the solution.

How I can insert the credentials in Failover Cluster Manager (like I can do with Hyper-V Manager with "Connect as another user")?

Thanks.

Best.
    Alessandro

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:38 AM