none
How could I get the Finish10 value from MS Project2010 Server_Reporting database RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get the finish10 data from project server using SQL.

But it seems the finish10 column is not in MSP_EpmAssignment_Userview or MSP_EpmTask_Userview.

So could you please help me to find it?

Thanks.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Wim,

I am pointing you to project server reporting DB schema it will help you to understand the DB.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15511

Download the Project server 2010 SDK, you will get the schema here.

kirtesh

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:54 AM
  • Hello Wim Cheng

When building the OLAP cube, the base line values are be selected that are used in the OLAP cube.   Be sure that the OLAP cube has selected the Baseline 10 values.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:34 AM
  • Hello Wim,

I don't think that local custom fields get pushed to the reporting DB. You should use an Enterprise Custom field instead.

Regards,

Fabrizio.

Friday, January 24, 2014 1:51 PM
  • If you're going to the reporting database for a local custom field, you should be aware of the fact that the various projects you're looking at don't neccessarily use the finish10 field for the same purpose.

If they DO use the finish10 field for the same purpose, consider making the field an Enterprise Custom Field instead, which will make the field appear in the reporting database.

The field and data is accessible in the published database if you really need to get to the data from outside Project Pro.

/LH

//Lars Hammarberg www.connecta.se

Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

try to extract information from MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.

This is Sql query

SELECT     MSP_EpmTask_UserView.TaskName, MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.TaskBaselineFinishDate, MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.TaskBaselineStartDate, 
                          MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.BaselineNumber
    FROM         MSP_EpmTaskBaseline INNER JOIN
                          MSP_EpmTask_UserView ON MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.TaskUID = MSP_EpmTask_UserView.TaskUID
    WHERE     (MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.BaselineNumber = 10)

if doesn't work try to rebuild your reporting database.

Hope this help you.

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

try to extract information from MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.

This is Sql query

SELECT     MSP_EpmTask_UserView.TaskName, MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.TaskBaselineFinishDate, MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.TaskBaselineStartDate, 
                          MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.BaselineNumber
    FROM         MSP_EpmTaskBaseline INNER JOIN
                          MSP_EpmTask_UserView ON MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.TaskUID = MSP_EpmTask_UserView.TaskUID
    WHERE     (MSP_EpmTaskBaseline.BaselineNumber = 10)

if doesn't work try to rebuild your reporting database.

Hope this help you.

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Thanks for the help, but I'm trying to extract columns named [finish10], not [baseline1 ~10 finish].
    Friday, February 14, 2014 6:54 AM
  • If you're going to the reporting database for a local custom field, you should be aware of the fact that the various projects you're looking at don't neccessarily use the finish10 field for the same purpose.

If they DO use the finish10 field for the same purpose, consider making the field an Enterprise Custom Field instead, which will make the field appear in the reporting database.

The field and data is accessible in the published database if you really need to get to the data from outside Project Pro.

/LH

//Lars Hammarberg www.connecta.se

Thx, but due to some weird requirement or something from our db manager, we are not allowed to change this field to enterprise field like the other columns.

So if the it is not an enterprise custom filed, then there is no chance to see it in published database?

Friday, February 14, 2014 7:56 AM