none
compatibility View

Question

• We are running Windows 7 32-bit machines and IE 9. We have a site that needs to be viewed in compatibility mode. In my GPO I've drilled down to: user config\policies\admin templates\classic admin\windows components\internet explorer\compatibility view

In here I've Enabled "user policy list of internet explorer 7 sites" and I've added my site.  But it does not work.  Why and how do I make it work?

thanks. 

mqh7

Monday, February 09, 2015 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In this case,you could use GPO to make the "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" option checked... It contains lists of public domains and their default document and browser modes and ModernIE Flash support.

for intranet sites either add the appropriate x-ua value in the head or in the response header.

And use GPO to configure the user setting (Tools>Compatibility View>"Display intranet sites in Compatibility View") and disable user access to change the Intranet zones' settings on the security tab and Compatibility view settings dialog.

You can refer to below link to get more details regarding the compatibility view.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg699485(v=VS.85).aspx

Hope it helps.

If you still got questions regarding this, feel free to post here.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:54 AM