The report for exchange 2007 is blank in SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When I try to get a reoprt for exchange 2007, it is blank.  I have tried several report, such as average mailbox size,number of mailbox , etc.  All of them are blank.   I have read this post : http://thoughtsonopsmgr.blogspot.com/2009/08/opsmgr-and-empty-reports-part-3.html  so I believe my basic steps are correct.

From event viewer, there are some error message

The event ID : 15002

The pool member cannot send a lease request to acquire ownership of managed objects assigned to the pool because half or fewer members of the pool acknowledged the most recent initialization check request. The pool member will continue to send an initialization check request.

Management Group: ESRI

Management Group ID: {FD0FE4F0-D6E1-F43A-77ED-96BCD4FFE67F}

Pool Name: Notifications Resource Pool

Pool ID: {3F9F97EA-E584-B0EE-A4C9-78A86FB4F21F}

Pool Version: 1013919510194231280

Number of Pool Members: 2

Number of Observer Only Pool Members: 1

Number of Instances: 1

Event ID: 22406

The PowerShell script failed with below exception

System.Management.Automation.ActionPreferenceStopException: Command execution stopped because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: Exception calling "GetDisplayString" with "1" argument(s): "The requested management pack display string was not found."

At line:18 char:41

+ if (!$mp.GetDisplayString <<<< ($lang)) {$lang = "ENU"}

at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)

at System.Management.Automation.PipelineNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.ParseTreeNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.AssignmentStatementNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement, Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

Script Name: Discover Agent Versions

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: ManagementGroupDiscoveryAgentVersions

Instance name: Operations Manager Management Group

Instance ID: {6B1D1BE8-EBB4-B425-08DC-2385C5930B04}

Thanks.

Jerry

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:10 AM

All replies

• Help us understand how you came to be in this state:

couple of questions -

Did this used to work?  If so, what changed?

I see resource pools being mentioned above, did you import the exchange 2007 MP into OM 2012 beta?

If using the beta, did you upgrade or was it a clean install.

Are you using an _ENU_ language set (EN-US)?

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

1.This is the first time I installed SCOM 2012 Beta.

2.Yes, I imported export 2007 MP and can see our hub and mailbox exchange 2007 SP3 server.

3. No, I didn't upgrade as I guess there is no SP1 for SOM 2012 now.  We set up a virtual machine to install SCOM so it should be a clean install.

4.Yes,It is English set. We are in Australia so the production environment is English.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:40 AM
  • THanks for the information.  I'll get our back compat gurus to look at it.

Can you clarify one thing

You said "I imported export 2007 MP ...."

What do you mean?  Did you download a fresh copy of the Exchange 2007 for SCOM R2" from the catalog and direclty import, or did you export what you believe to tbe the right MP's from your original SCOm management group?

Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:14 PM
  • Hi Dan,

My method is  operations console----administration---management packs---import management packs---select all packs for exchange 2007 ---install.

I assume this method is correct.

Thanks

Jerry

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:18 PM
  • Hi Dan,

I noticed from  operations console----monitoring---microsoft exchange server 2007---mailbox ----mail server state---healthy,   mailflow---mail flow state---healthy.  But  there is no counters in mailflow--local latency, mailflow--remote latency  ,  in the legend area ,it is blank.

Thanks.

Jerry

Friday, July 29, 2011 12:58 AM
  • Hi Dan,

I found every report is empty.  It looks like the problem of SCOM itself, not the exhcange 2007 MP.

Friday, July 29, 2011 6:42 AM