none
All Recovery Points showing 0KB RRS feed

• Question

• When I check "Show all version" of a database in a recovery tab on DPM 2012 SP1, its showing 0 KB on disk. However I am able to recover these rcoverypoints but why these are showing 0 KB?

• Edited by V Jay Rana Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Most likely the datasource is a co-located data source (like SQL DB, Hyper-V VM, Client) - under that circumstance the size of the recovery point is not displayed. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Most likely the datasource is a co-located data source (like SQL DB, Hyper-V VM, Client) - under that circumstance the size of the recovery point is not displayed. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:23 PM
  • Thanks Mike, Yes I checked and found this is only with co-located datasources. Others are showing exactly. Is there any document which I can show to management related to this. 
    • Edited by V Jay Rana Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry - There is no documentation detailing that limitation. 

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01 AM