none
Network went down last night, but Agent status still in "error" RRS feed

• Question

• Test environment, so not critical

The network has been back online for 3 hours and everything appears okay apart from DPM.

I don't begrudge having to restart processes, but I would have expected DPM to attempt to reconnect. Could you tell me what should happen in the circumstances of network interuption?

DPMRA on PS is not running, and set to "manual".  Obvioulsy the first thing I would normally do is start it, but I am trying to work out what went wrong.

The error is 318, and referes to the "trust relationship between the workstation and primary domain". This error could be a throwback to when the network went down. While the network was down, the log was full of DCOM errors (to be expected).

Additionally it was only the network for the DPM server that went down. All other servers (PS and domain) remained online.

Thank You.

• Edited by Joe Darkman Monday, February 20, 2012 10:31 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 10:23 AM

Answers

• So you are not using a dedicated network on your DPM, right?

Did you stop/start DPM server after network came back?

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

• Marked as answer by Joe Darkman Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:01 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 4:51 PM

All replies

• So you are not using a dedicated network on your DPM, right?

Did you stop/start DPM server after network came back?

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

• Marked as answer by Joe Darkman Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:01 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 4:51 PM
  • ...we began to suspect the switch was faulty, and when only half our pings to the swith itself were retunred we knew something was wrong.New switch caused the Agent to come back onloine within 20 mins.

By the way when you say dedicated network, do you mean a network just for DPM traffic? That is something we are going to test tomorrow.

Thanks for yoyr reply. Sorry I can't mark it as an answer.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Yep...  that's what I meant by dedicated network...

You can mark your last post as answered as if you do have problems with the tomorrow test you might want to open a new thread for that.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:40 PM