I cant figure out How to fix this Bsod RRS feed

• Question

• Probably like 2 weeks ago on a Sunday night I was playing Starcraft and my keyboard turned off so I just turned off my computer. Im using a Dell m2010 and have a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. I restarted my computer and got a blue screen of death the message was 0x0000008E Ive searched so many posts and scanned my computer multiple times. At first I could even get into Safe mode now I can get into safe mode. I'm actually using safe mode right now. Ive tried to update my drivers using drive genius professional. Ive scanned i with male ware bytes and spy bot and multiple other scanners. Ive tried a lot of different posts and none where my solution. I had a broken laptop siting around and took the hard drive out of it and put it on this computer and it was just my luck it worked perfectly and I pressed the shutdown button to install updates and it took like 8 hours to get to 18/19 and I ended up turning it off and that hard drive got the blue screen of death when ever I start up my computer and when ever i try to go into safe mode. So if anyone has a solution for either of my drives please post iton here. The original one starts up on safe mode but not on regular mode. I think that might have to do with the wireless keyboard and mouse. The other one does no start up on safe mode or regular mode and ive tried to put in a repair cd and it wont load on his drive it goes to a black screen and the mouse is the only thing you see. I used it on the other drive and that how I got it to start on safe mode.
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 6:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

Based on your description, I think it is probably amechanical failure on hard drive. Hard drive crashes are attributed to two main factors – file corruption or mechanical failure. File corruption is mainly a software-related problem in which the data on the hard drive is somehow corrupted so that it is no longer readable by the operating system. This can result in lost data or inoperable software. A heavily fragmented hard drive can lead to greater instances of file corruption. Improper system shutdowns can also corrupt data.

Mechanical failure is when the hard drive suffers from a physical problem that hinders its ability to function. It could be caused by the motors inside failing, or even from dropping the hard drive and causing some kind of physical damage. Excessive amounts of heat can also cause the internal components of a hard disk to wear down prematurely.

The main difference between file corruption and mechanical failure is that you can take measures to prevent and repair file corruption, but you usually can’t fix a mechanical failure.

At this point, let us make some effort on the software side.

Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Refer the following link for more information:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:24 AM