none
ProjectServer 2010 Missing Actual Hours After Approval RRS feed

• Question

• We had issue of actual hours missing from Project Server 2007 earlier. We applied the Feb 2011 patch. Under Introduction section, read 5th item

Description of the Office Project 2007 hotfix package (project-x-none.msp): February 22, 2011

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2483215 

After the patch everything has been working as normal. We did the migration to Project Server 2010 and still are in BCM mode (on desktop MS Project Prof 2007 version). Everything has been normal until recent days. A second user has reported missing actual hours in the system. I looked into the users' tasks detail page and indeed he submitted those hours in previous weeks. I looked into PM's approval center and history of that task does show the hours were accepted by PM. The hours are missing from user's tasks page and doesn't show in Resource Center Assignments section either.

To resolve the issue I used the Delegate feature of Project Server 2010. As user I re-entered those hours, save and submitted those hours to PM. Then I saved and applied those hours as delegate for the PM. After re-approval, hours still doesn't show in Resource Center Assignment page and not in MS Project Schedule either. Though as of now they are still there in user's Tasks page!

Has anyone experienced this issue in Project Server 2010?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just a thought..was the project checked-out while the task updates were being accepted? The project needs to be checked-in for the updates to be applied..

may be there isa  failed job that prevented from the project being checked-in?

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna for the reply.

Answers are Yes and no.

Yes, the project was checked-in. Otherwise it doesn't let you publish updates after accepting using Approval Center.

No, there were no failed jobs.

In another test on the same task / project, I re-entered the hours as user for the same weeks, accepted those hours as PM under Approval Center while the project was checked out in MS Project and Approval Center didn't let me publish the updates by disabling the publish button. I checked-in the project in MS Project without saving changes and later I went checked it out. I got message saying something like "...you have pending updates, do you wanto apply now.. " i clicked yes, it said updates applied and asked to open project. Now when I went to resource usage view, those hours weren't there for those weeks. I went into user's Tasks page using delegate option and now those hours are gone from there as well! If I click the task name, under Recent Task Changes section I can see all those previous user attempts with correct hours and acceptances by PM.

Seems to me that the bug we fixed in Project Server 2007 with Feb 2011 patch, now came back after migration.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:21 PM
  • We are also experiencing some really, really strange issues, where actual time seems to go missing from a users Tasks page (and the schedule), seemingly randomly.

In some cases it was after submittal, but the newest case seems to have been after a user used Send Timesheet to submit his time.

Its really frustrating, and understandably the customer is very very upset. 

We are probably going to log an official call with MS - I don't really know how to proceed further on this one.

http://blogs.umtsa.co.za/nicoo
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Nico,

Thanks for reply.

Did you get any update / solution from MS on this missing actuals issue?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Not yet, we haven't logged the call yet (should happen tomorrow).

I will let you know if i have any feedback, but it might take a while (historically in South Africa we have struggled with turn around times when logging Project Server issues).

http://blogs.umtsa.co.za/nicoo
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Project Server 2010 SP1 + June 2011 CU fixed the issue.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:09 AM