none
SCOM 2016 version 1801 install AIX agent fail

Question

• Hi Guys,

I have import for AIX MP into SCOM 2016, and follow this URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/manage-install-crossplat-agent-cmdline?view=sc-om-1801 to install AIX agent

But, I got under below error message, some one can help me to solve this case?

Thanks

• Edited by Nick1205 Saturday, April 14, 2018 2:33 PM
    Saturday, April 14, 2018 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

how is your agent installation account configured on the SCOM side?

Can you please ensure that this account has also the permissions needed as per:

SCOM 1801, 2016 and 2012: Configuring sudo Elevation for UNIX and Linux Monitoring

You have a section "AIX" under SCOM 2016.

Please also ensure that your Agent Maintenance Account is setup like described here:

Monitoring UNIX/Linux with OpsMgr 2016

Hope this helps. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Monday, April 16, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Hi,

SCOM 1801, 2016 and 2012: Configuring sudo Elevation for UNIX and Linux Monitoring

Please also ensure that your Agent Maintenance Account is setup like described here:

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Yes, I have follow those documents to configuration, for Linux Redhat it was fine, but under AIX still meet error.

Now, I'm trying to install sudo package into AIX, I have try to copt *.sh file into AIX and run under by root, unfortunately I got the format error under command:

/usr/sbin/installp -a -d scx-<version>.aix.<version>.<arch>.sh scx

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:35 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, I have follow those documents to configuration, for Linux Redhat it was fine, but under AIX still meet error.

Now, I'm trying to install sudo package into AIX, I have try to copt *.sh file into AIX and run under by root, unfortunately I got the format error under command:

/usr/sbin/installp -a -d scx-<version>.aix.<version>.<arch>.sh scx

Can't running by manual install AIX agent, return the source format backup type error.

I have try SCOM 2016 Unix MP, Om1801 Unix MP and SCOM 2012 R2 Unix mp, they are same.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Hi Nick,

Could you please check usr/bin/sudo this directory is available on server or not?

Coz i thought this is something like this Thread 

If this directory is not available then please create this, it might help you :)

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:10 PM
  • waiting to open case
    Friday, May 18, 2018 12:19 AM
  • Have you checked this directory on servers <<usr/bin/sudo>>

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:52 AM