none
Installing Updates Project Online Desktop Client RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where the desktop client installed on my laptop is shown as being Version 1708 (Build 8431.2270 Click to Run) Semi Annual Channel - it also shows that this product belongs to me but shows my email address as being one used for a clients Project Online instance where I provided remote support and coaching.

My Account User Information is correct as per my Project Online subscription.

No matter what I try to do I cannot get the software to be installed so that it shows as belonging to my Project Online subscription.

I have seen recent articles about the improved Agile capabilities in the desktop client but when I select Update Now I am informed that I have the latest update even though I know this not to be the case.

I am subscribed to Project Online Professional and the licence is assigned to me. Is there something I am missing in all of this?

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Dominic,

You seem to have two issues here... 

1. I would log into your O365 admin centre and change your update settings to something other that Semi Annual...

2. I would then download Project to your desktop, from the following link https://admin.microsoft.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:35 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

You seem to have two issues here... 

1. I would log into your O365 admin centre and change your update settings to something other that Semi Annual...

2. I would then download Project to your desktop, from the following link https://admin.microsoft.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:35 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:30 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for the benefit of your wisdom - I uninstalled and then re-installed my copy of Project Pro, this resulted in it being shown as belonging to my Project Online subscription but didn't result in a different build.

I then updated the software download settings from semi-annual to monthly. I had project open when I did this, I tried the "update now" option in Project but was informed that I am up to date.

I closed and re-opened Project, tried again and got the same result, intriguingly it still shows me being on the Semi-annual channel despite my having changed that in the O365 Admin Centre.

I will uninstall and reinstall Project once more to see if that gets me any further.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Ben,

After uninstalling and reinstalling Project twice I now have version 1805 (Build 9330.2124 click to run) Monthly Channel. As a result I have the Agile option on the Project Ribbon so I can explore those features of Project.

Thanks for your advice in resolving this issue.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:35 PM