none
Problems with project 2010 and office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I Have project professional 2010 installed with Excel 2013, i have some issues since i installed Office 2013.
    first: when i try to do visual report i have message : this requires having excel 2003 or later installed on your computer.

someone can help me.

Thank you

Alejandro Tabares Florez

Friday, April 19, 2013 12:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Alejandro --

To get the Excel Visual Reports to work between Microsoft Project 2010 and Microsoft Excel 2013, you will need to do the following:
    1. Use the Windows Explorer search function to find out where on your hard drive the Winproj.exe file is located for Project 2010.  Make a note of the folder location.
    2. Use the Windows Explorer search function to find where the Excel.exe file is located for Excel 2013.
    3. Right click on the Excel.exe file and select Copy on the shortcut menu.
    4. Navigate to the folder where the Winproj.exe file is located and paste the Excel.exe file into that folder.
    I can confirm that this process works correctly, as I just did this yesterday, and it works.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, April 19, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Hello TOM and DALE

Thank you so Much for your help, was awesome and helped me to solve the issue, i did a test and this worked very well.

Thanks guys

Alejandro Tabares Florez

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Alejandro --

You are more than welcome, my friend.  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, April 19, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Please note that your Project 2010 may be in the Program Files x86 folder if you installed 32bit project.
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:12 PM
  • i would like to know how to find a search feature in my 2013 'windows explorer'.  had  a nice place to click search and put in a word in a file name in 2003 & 10, choose type of file, date created or modified etc, now with 13 i can't find a place to search for anything and using the search in the start button did not get me any files at all. 

i'd paste an example of the bar that only has organize, share, burn and new folder on without the word search but it won't seem to let me.   

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:41 PM
  • slk28 --

You have added your question to a thread that is already closed, so the odds of anyone answering your question dropped to almost nothing.  Does your question have anything to do with Microsoft Project, a project management application.  If so, please tell us how your question related to Microsoft Project specifically.  If not, I would recommend you repost your question in a more relevant user forum than this one.  By the way, the only reason I knew you replied to this closed thread is because I had set an alert on the thread.  Otherwise, I would suspect that no one would have responded.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:48 PM