Inital Setup and Upgrades after Steady State RRS feed

• Question

• I am preparing my first system.  It will be used in a classroom and each week the system will be restored back to its initial state. Any pointers are welcomed...

I have set up the system the way I want it. I will be creating the users profile, my question is when I want to make changes or upgrades how do I do that or what is the best way?

I want to add printers and was looking at installing them, I will make them available to all, but are there any tricks with this at all?

I am also looking at cloning the drives, then running newsid.  Any issues with this?

Any feedback to avoid delays and issues are certainly welcomed. 
    Friday, December 11, 2009 10:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Rod, I assume that you will utilize Windows Disk Protection in Windows SteadyState. If you want to make change, you will need to log on as Administrator, change settings, log off and choose yes to save the settings in Windows Disk Proection.

If you want to update Windows or virus definition, you can use Schedule Software Updates function.

To deploy Windows with Windows SteadyState, you can refer to the following thread:

Successful Cloning Strategy - Zero Touch Installation
    http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/thread/85c1a249-e530-4592-b3ba-cd9bc27e1b5c/

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, December 21, 2009 3:13 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 8:27 AM