Aero snap issue on three monitor setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have a three monitor setup like this: two 22" widescreens on bottom and one centered above. (see illustration below)
    -----XXXXXX-----
    -----XXXXXX-----
    XXXXXX XXXXXX
    XXXXXX XXXXXX

The issue I'm seeing is that Aero Snap only works on the absolute edges of the entire setup and I can't use aero snap to maximize or auto stretch vertically on the lower two screens. I understand why snap is disabled between screens (you don't want it to snap when you're trying to just move to another screen), but if part of the edge doesn't go anywhere, it should be smart enough to know that and respond accordingly.
    Also, If I stretch a window's top or bottom border to an absolute edge, it stretches the window vertically across both the top and bottom screens so I have a double height window.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell that this is by design.

If you find any inconvenience or have any suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195 

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Regards,
    Juke
    TechNet Subscriber support in form. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, May 16, 2011 5:41 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may use combination key (Win+ arrow buttons) to make the Aero Snap effect on the active window.

Regards,
    Juke
    TechNet Subscriber support in form. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:21 AM
  • I know about those shortcuts..... Doesn't fix the mouse problem though, and if you're doing a lot of clicking, you don't want to have to move over to the keyboard just to maximize or unmaximize the window. I also know you can just double-click on the title bar to do the same function, but sometimes you get so locked into what you're doing and habitually try to do the regular tricks, only to be greeted by frustration.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

I am sorry to tell that this is by design.

If you find any inconvenience or have any suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195 

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Regards,
    Juke

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, May 16, 2011 5:41 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

Since this is by design. I will mark my reply as "Answered", If you have any further concern or feedback, please feel free to let us know. You may also choose to unmark this thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks for your understanding, have a nice day.

Regards,
    Juke

Monday, May 16, 2011 5:41 AM