1 User unable to sign into any deskphone - Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, we are running Skype for Business server 2015 with a single collated FE/Mediation, with an Edge and reverse proxy server. Everything appears to be running fine, and no other users have reported any issues. 

But I have 1 user who is unable to sign into any desk phone (Aastra 6725ip).

They can sign into the client on the computer fine, but the desk phones keep returning "Please verify your sign-in address. domainWuser name, and password, and try again. Please verify that the domain entered user is correct" The W between domainWuser has a horizontal line through it. 

I have tried multiple phones but they all report the above error. I've signed in to the computers and desk phones in question with different accounts and they work as expected. I've tried factory resetting, and clearing user data on the desk phone multiple times. I've upgraded all the servers with the March CU, and rebooted a couple times but still no joy.

I have disabled and re-enabled his account on the Skype GUI, I have also tried changing his SIP URI. Only thing left i can think off is deleting his AD account and recreating the user from scratch - Does anyone have any better ideas? 

Cheers

http://www.scotmas.com

• Edited by ChrisAubrey Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hi, I've come across similar problems when the user has some kind of quirky character in their SIP URI or other attribute. Can you check to see if this is the case - that's the first thing that comes into my head given the information you've provided thus far.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems.

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:48 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi, I've come across similar problems when the user has some kind of quirky character in their SIP URI or other attribute. Can you check to see if this is the case - that's the first thing that comes into my head given the information you've provided thus far.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems.

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:48 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:32 PM
  • sure thing to check as Ben suggested , some times such characters in display name as well.

Linus

Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to compare the user's AD information with other well-worked account to check if there is any difference.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:35 AM