none
Enterprise Custom Field Formula Error - Server 2013 in Brazil - Issue with commas in Portoguese? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create an enterprise formula custom field in a Project Server 2013 for a subsidiary of our client. The original formula I tried is LEFT([WBS],3).

It works in these situations:

• In our server, as Enterprise Custom Field - (in Israel, Language is English)
    • In the subsidiary client, as Text1 (in Brazil, Portuguese)

However, when I try to create an Enterprise Custom Field in the subsidiary server in Brazil, I get a message "The formula contains an error".

I tried other functions and I suspect that the issue is with the comma (,) sign:

• The server accepts formulas the functions LEN and ASC (only 1 argument)
    • The server provides the same error for the functions RIGHT, IIF, SWITCH (arguments are separated by commas) and also LEFT("AA",1)

Originally I thought that the issue stems from the fact that we configure the server by remote desktop and our keyboard is not Portugese. However, when we asked system people from Brazil to do the same - the problem wasn't solved.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Barak

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

please try ";" instead of ",".

Client is aware of your local regional settings, but server is not. However, formulas are created in the correct way. You can just define your formula in client to get syntax validation. Afterwards, you can add this local field to your server and define the new name. All list separators will be transformed accordingly.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please try ";" instead of ",".

Client is aware of your local regional settings, but server is not. However, formulas are created in the correct way. You can just define your formula in client to get syntax validation. Afterwards, you can add this local field to your server and define the new name. All list separators will be transformed accordingly.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 2:33 PM
  • It worked.

Many Thanks Barbara.

Barak

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 2:58 PM