none
Microsoft Product installation on Windows 10

Question

• Hi,

I have list of issues i have fetched on my new Windows 10.

I am software engineer so need to install Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL server setups. After lots of struggle I have been able to install Visual studio. But i am facing issue of installation of Sql server 2014 or Sql server 2008 also.

• Edited by coolRitesh Friday, February 24, 2017 5:12 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hello

Can you please provide error details like logs , screenshot or Message. 

Regards, Regin Ravi

Friday, February 24, 2017 5:22 PM
  • I am unable to attach screenshot of error message so writing here-

The process can not access the file

'C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Local\Temp\Sqlwep-uni-(8dae3845-c1c4-4712-9d59-ecaf1d4c5679).mof' because it is being used by another process.

Here I want to mention here the installation completed with error and i am unable to use sql server.

Friday, February 24, 2017 5:53 PM
  • Hello

The MOF file is the file of SQL Server WMI Provider, which are compiled automatically by SQL Server Setup. The WMI provider is a published layer that is used with the SQL Server Configuration Manager snap-in for Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager.

The issue can occur in the following scenarios:

1.    The .mof file is being used by some other process, you can try to use this tool to find if some other process is using this file.
    2.    The installation process has no permission to read this file, please run the installation file with administrator permission.

Regards, Regin Ravi

Friday, February 24, 2017 6:01 PM
  • Yes this was additional information when I searched on Google but what is the solution to resolve this issue.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 7:06 AM
  • you can try to use this tool to find if some other process is using this file.
    I'm wondering if a link to ProcExp or ProcMon was intended?   <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:40 PM