none
Generate PDF/XPS file from an infoPath 2013 form

Question

• Hello.

I have an InfoPath 2013 web form published in a site on sharepoint online (this form is published as a site content). My customer wants to generate a PDF file from this form, and the only way I could find to do so is through print it as PDF/XPS. The question is the customer's form has a lot of site columns with info, and they want that info remains in the PDF. How can I do such a thing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

SharePoint doesn’t provide this function to convert InfoPath form to PDF file.

As a workaround, you can try to use third party tool to achieve it.

Here is a custom solution, which can convert forms to PDF file in SharePoint library using workflow:

https://www.harepoint.com/Products/HarePointWorkflowExtensions/SharePoint-InfoPath-PDF-Conversion.aspx

While Microsoft supports and encourages open-source software development, it does not provide technical support for the software from third parties, nor does it guarantee that the software will work as described.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by LordFierce Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:23 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

SharePoint doesn’t provide this function to convert InfoPath form to PDF file.

As a workaround, you can try to use third party tool to achieve it.

Here is a custom solution, which can convert forms to PDF file in SharePoint library using workflow:

https://www.harepoint.com/Products/HarePointWorkflowExtensions/SharePoint-InfoPath-PDF-Conversion.aspx

While Microsoft supports and encourages open-source software development, it does not provide technical support for the software from third parties, nor does it guarantee that the software will work as described.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by LordFierce Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:23 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:19 AM
  • Hello Dean. Thanks for your help.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:24 PM