Disable available/busy/do not disturb/etc. - Office 365 Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• I need to completely disable, across our organization, the available/busy/do not disturb/etc. functionality in Skype for Business. Is there a reg entry I can push out to do this? Ideally I want to disable it completely but if I can force a certain presence status, no matter the status of the user, that would work as well.

I know this basically goes against one of the primary functionalities of SfB but it's not my decision. Whatever I do to disable the presence indication in SfB, it can't interfere with Outlook's calendar free/busy functionality.

Help! TIA!

Friday, February 22, 2019 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Alceryes,

As you said, presence information is one of the primary functionalities for Skype for Business. Based on my research, I did not find the reg entry for the presence information, and users get the information about other’s presence from the SFB Online. It seems we could not disable SFB presence for now. 

In addition, you could post your feedback in the following link: https://www.skypefeedback.com/, Microsoft will improve MS products based on the feedback and hope this problem will be solved in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:12 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Alceryes,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:18 AM