none
Project Web App Schedule dates do not match MS Project Dates - Pulling the start date of its predecessor RRS feed

• Question

• SandyStrong        asked on        <button aria-label="Date" class="msaActionText msgHistoryBtn info-panel-toggle-link" data-panelcontainer=".userInfo" data-paneltarget="#message-history-holder-4d97407a-eeda-4415-912d-060ca47a2b5d" title="See post history">September 30, 2015See post history</button>

I have some schedules that are pulling the start date of the preceeding activity.  Below are screen shots.

MS Project 2010 dates.

PWA dates

As you can see, PWA dates are pulling from its predecessor of Pre-Job meeting.  Logic is fs +15.  Pre-Job is As Late As Possible (which I believe is the issue).

I have 6000 schedules in the database and do not want to change the logic to fix what appears to be a possible bug?  I can fix it in PWA by saving and publishing the schedule in MSP and then going to PWA, but it reverts back overnight to the Pre-Job start date.  Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, October 5, 2015 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandy,

Was the latest plan published after task updates were approved? check if no, then publish it and things would sync. 

If it was published try clearing your Project professional cache and open it from server. 

Also check if you have something stuck in the queue jobs that has prevented the update on the server. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:19 AM
  • Thanks for your response.  Below is the response from our IT team.

The issue is within the PSI (Project Server Interface) that Microsoft built and we sometimes use to interact with Project Server. Basically what we have found is that the project is calculated in two different spots. One is inside Project Professional and another spot is on the server after using the PSI. We have found that it is calculating tasks that have a “SS” predecessor and X days of lag with a start date “as late as possible” the PSI/Server calculations are calculating the
    start date incorrectly.  

I have changed the SS relationship to a FS relationship to see if that would possibly fix the issue with no success. 

Thank you,

Sandy Strong

• Edited by Sandy MPC Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:22 PM Tested the FS relationship
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:15 PM
  • Again, I am having a similar issue in Project Web App.  Below is a screen shot of schedule data in Project Web App and In MS Project 2010 Pro.

As you can see, the Procurement activity in PWA is 0% complete and in MSP it is 100%.  I have saved and published multiple times.

We are running a couple of overnight jobs, but that shouldn't change my data.  We even have a job that opens, saves and publishes projects that need published.  It is just about 25 projects out of over 6000 schedules that my data reverts back.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Monday, October 26, 2015 2:47 PM
  • 1. Check in all work in PWA project. Do a check in first.

2. go to Server Settoings click on Force Check-in Enterprise Objects.

3. Choose your project and check it in completely.

Go to Manage Queue jobs and check to see it did not fail.

If it passed then go back to Project and refresh the project. You will then check that out and back in to Project PWA.It should now reflect the new changes.

It happens because It is trying to run a workflow behind to update but it fails because it is also updating from MS Project.

Monday, October 26, 2015 2:55 PM
  • Did as you had suggested.  I even went to PWA edit mode and made it 100%.  Opened and closed it to make sure it held.  Came in this morning and it is back to 0%.  There are a couple of bugs that need to be worked out in Project Server.  I'm going to continue to have our IT people work with Microsoft.  I'm guessing they already know of the issue.

My quick solution is going to be to delete the activities, as they are already complete.  Not the best solution, but it will work.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:49 PM