Forced TLS and third-parties sending on behalf RRS feed

• Question

• I have been implementing forced TLS with several parties for a while. Usually, we set up the rules at the same time. But I wonder: What happens if a third-party is sending on behalf of a domain where the parties have agreed upon forced TLS.

For instance: domain-one.no and domain-two.no have configured forced TLS. Now a third-party sends on behalf of domain-on.no with opportunistic TLS to domain-two.no. Will the messages be accepted or rejected?

Unfortunately, I have not had time to test this. 

MCSE: Messaging, MCSA: Office 365, MCSA: Windows Server 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Jon Alfred Smith,

Many settings interact with each other. We cannot judge whether an email can be successfully sent by only one parameter.

Every environment is different, so it is difficult for us to do this test for you.I would suggest you test it first. If there is any problem, please send us the specific problem and error report, and we will help you to check.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:55 AM