3c996T vista x64 drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I bought a 3c996T and i know that is discontinued and i just begin to gamble if it will work or not in vista x64..Surprise was when i let Vista to search online for driver and actually found it but when it begins to install the computer freeze.I thought the nic was bad so i plugged in another pc and installed and it worked flawlesly...
    I looked over all drivers inf and i saw that the card apear only in old win xp x64 drivers and in the newer revision 996B-T the new chipset 5701 replaces 5700..The entries for 5700 are no more. I am thinking that this is why the Vista drivers didn't install correctly.
    On many drivers i tried i get this error in device manager:
    "Windows cannot load the driver. Try updating the driver for this device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard."

Fortunetly the card is broadcom based so i don't depend on 3com for drivers... So i am thinking to insert the missing entries in inf.Do you guys have a guide for driver *.inf. I wanna know what that catalong files are for and if this file also contains devices lists..Thank you

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:03 AM

Answers

•  

Have you tried other versions of the NIC drivers? I suggest you try those later versions and check the result.

Monday, May 19, 2008 6:33 AM