none
MDT 2013 Install Windows 8.1 Reference Image stuck at Login Screen after Reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I've captured a Windows 8.1 Reference Image as shown in following document: technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/dn744290.aspx

The Reference Image contains only Microsoft Office 2013 and the latest Windows Updates. When I import the Reference Image into my deployment share and deploy it to one client, the operating system will be installed correctly, but after the restart, I get to the Windows 8.1 login screen and nothing happens anymore.

Did you ever heard of that issue? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, June 12, 2015 10:27 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your help, but I could solve this issue myself. I don't know why, but after creating the reference image again, the problem was gone.

• Marked as answer by tim305 Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:16 PM

All replies

• If you log in does MDT continue on?  Also can you post your logs to something like OneDrive?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 3:49 AM
  • How exactly did you "deploy" it, did you create a new task sequence and use a "Standard Client Task Sequence" template? When it gets to the log on screen does it attempt to auto login? If you login manually do you still see a MININT folder on the hard drive?

Posting your bdd.log to one drive and sharing the link here can also help to pinpoint the issue.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, June 15, 2015 1:26 PM
  • Thank you for your help, but I could solve this issue myself. I don't know why, but after creating the reference image again, the problem was gone.

• Marked as answer by tim305 Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Hello Tim,

How you resolved the problem?

Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:14 AM