locked
Polycom CX600 on screen tel # showing old tel # RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have recently changed a handful of users telephone numbers to new ones. Since then the Display number that shows up on the Polycom CX600 phone screens still shows the old phone number. When I download the logs from the phones it lists the old number as the <displayString>. We have ensured the AD telephone #, Line URI and MsRTCSIP-Line all show the correct number including the Lync Contact Card. We have run an Update-CsUserDatabase on the FrontEnd Pool where these users exist and after resetting and logging the user back in the new number shows briefly but then just goes back to displaying the old number again.

    When a user makes a call the new number displays on the recipients side and there is no way they can call back using the old number so its not effecting calling, only the display of the phone number on the LCD screen?

    Any thoughts out there ?

    Thanks,

    Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:42 PM

Answers

  • It appears as though we have corrected the problem, for those interested this is what we did.

    The Global Client policy setting for AddressBookAvailabilty was set to WebSeachAndFileDownload. We found a post that mentioned this setting could cause cached user information problems. We effectively changed the AddressBookAvailability setting to WebSearchOnly. We then deleted the GalContacts.db and the GalContacts.db.idx files from the %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\<sipusername>

    As our phones were configured with USB tethering and not PIN Authentication when a user does a lookup of a contact it will now bypass the GalContacts file and do a websearch only.

    Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:19 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    From your description above, it can be something wrong with IP Phone itself or the firmware.

    Please make sure Lync IP Phone update to the latest firmware, then test the issue again.

    If the issue persists, as the issue happen only for a handful of user telephone numbers, the simplest way is to reset Lync IP Phones and then check if the issue happen again.

    Best Regards,
    Eason Huang


    Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, February 6, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Hi Eason, thanks for your reply. We are currently sitting at the most current firmware level for the Polycom CX600 phones. They have been factory reset with same issue still appearing.

    This only happens in our Environment when a user has been assigned a DiD and then later on having it changed to another DiD. As soon as we update users Line URI with a new number these CX 600 phones will cycle back and forth with some days showing the old number and some days showing the new number.

    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:14 PM
  • It appears as though we have corrected the problem, for those interested this is what we did.

    The Global Client policy setting for AddressBookAvailabilty was set to WebSeachAndFileDownload. We found a post that mentioned this setting could cause cached user information problems. We effectively changed the AddressBookAvailability setting to WebSearchOnly. We then deleted the GalContacts.db and the GalContacts.db.idx files from the %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\<sipusername>

    As our phones were configured with USB tethering and not PIN Authentication when a user does a lookup of a contact it will now bypass the GalContacts file and do a websearch only.

    Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:19 PM