IE 11 and Windows 10 1803 Cannot save Favorites " the process cannot be accessed...." RRS feed

• Question

• I have a default install of IE 11 running on Win 10 build 1803 which cannot save any favorites or do any kind of bookmark functionality. IE is running fine this only occurs when attempting to create a bookmark. It gives this pop-up error:

"the process cannot be accessed because it is being used by another process".

There are NO IE PLUGINS or ADD-ONS. All are disabled or uninstalled.

There are no errors in the Windows Event Viewer.

I have run SysInternals ProcMon to see if there are any file access denied messages, there are NONE.

I have run SysInternals Process Explorer to see what, if any, processes are locking IExplore.exe, I see NONE.

I have gone through each Process running and shut them down one by one with no results. Still receive the same error.

If I attempt to save a bookmark I get the above error, then 2 bookmarks are created, one works, one does not and is blank.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT MICROSOFT HAS RECOMMENDED, from resetting IE settings to turning it off in Windows features and back on again. The usual support fixes do not work. 

If anyone has some suggestions on how to determine where this error message is coming from I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Monday, May 7, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

have you restarted your computer since the issue with Edge started? Sometimes when Windows 10 updates are installed, Edge will misbehave until a restart is done.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions

Rob^_^

Monday, May 7, 2018 11:01 PM