none
Delete Aged Client Download History error on 1606 RRS feed

• Question

• Same here after updating a new 1602 Site to 1606. Status of the Component "Service Connection Point" in 1602 was in a Green state and not critical. Now it remains in "Critical" Status after the Update.

Status Messages (SMS_DATABASE_NOTIFICATION_MONITOR) every night says:

Database Notification Monitor failed to execute database maintenance task "Delete Aged Client Download History".

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 50000, severity 16: [42000][50000][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Error 10001, Level 16, State 1, Table ClientDownloadHistory, Message: Site data table is read-only at CAS : tr_ClientDownloadHistory_NonUpdatable_INS_UPD_DEL

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Status Messages (SMS_DATABASE_NOTIFICATION_MONITOR) every night says:

Database Notification Monitor failed to execute database maintenance task "Delete Aged Client Download History".

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 50000, severity 16: [42000][50000][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Error 10001, Level 16, State 1, Table ClientDownloadHistory, Message: Site data table is read-only at CAS : tr_ClientDownloadHistory_NonUpdatable_INS_UPD_DEL

I am going to split this thread as this is another issue ...

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have a link to the split?  I am having the same issue:

Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:47 PM
  • This is the right thread. I splitted it from another thread that deals with unrelated Service Connection Point issues.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

Ah I see, nice to know I'm in the right place then ;-)

Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:21 PM
  • Thanks for reporting the issue.

it is a benign error that will show on CAS. Customers will not see the error if there is only Standalone primary with/without secondary site.

The issue is that there is a maintenance task that is supposed to only run on primary site to clean up the "Aged client download history". But CAS also happen to run this by default. (The table is readonly on CAS)

1. To avoid the issue, you can disable the maintenance task on CAS.

IMPORTANT, the task still should be enabled on primary sites

2. And if the component status is already RED because of this, you can reset the status

Thanks

--Richard This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Hi Richard,

Thanks for the explanation and fix. Indeed I was only getting this error on our CAS.

As you have suggested, I have disabled this on the CAS and it continues to run on our Primary Site Servers.

Thanks

Friday, August 5, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Greetings , I've just upgraded to 1606 and I am only using 1 primary site server with 10 DP's, after upgrade I have a Critical as well in my SMS_DATABASE_NOTIFICATION_MONITOR. If I look at the error's in the log files, it says : The Tas"Delete Aged Client Download History is configured to run today but it could not within the scheduled time". NOW, its not just that maintenance task, it's pretty much ALL Delete Maintenance task have that error.. Does anyone else have this issue, and what is the fix? Again, I don't have a CAS only 1 Primary

thanks in advance for any info..   Dwayne

Friday, August 5, 2016 1:43 PM
  • NOW, its not just that maintenance task, it's pretty much ALL Delete Maintenance task have that error.. Does anyone else have this issue, and what is the fix?

Just ignore it. This message just tells you that "all" maintenance tasks were supposed to run today (right after midnight), but did not run yet (under the upgraded version!). So the message will only appear today.

Friday, August 5, 2016 1:50 PM
  • Well just a follow-up to my previous question, after "resetting Counts" of all errors, after 30-45 minutes the component status flagged back to Green. So it's looking like it just takes a while after upgrading for all componets to get re-initialized and relayed back to site Server.  Dwayne
    Friday, August 5, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Well just a follow-up to my previous question, after "resetting Counts" of all errors, after 30-45 minutes the component status flagged back to Green. So it's looking like it just takes a while after upgrading for all componets to get re-initialized and relayed back to site Server.  Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne, updated my post to include how ConfigMgr Admins can reset the status if the component SMS_DATABASE_NOTIFICATION_MONITOR is showing critical.

--Richard This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.

Friday, August 5, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

Hopefully the above answers your question - if you have any further questions then please re-open the thread and we'll continue to assist.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:20 AM