• Hi,
    • 1.     My configuration
    • 1.1.    Windows 10Pro 64bit, Version 1607, build 14393.10
    • 1.2.    Intel NUC6i5SYH computer
    • 1.3.    SSD Samsung SM951 256 GB
    • 1.4.    Installed Memory DDR4 16GB
    • 1.5.    HDD WD 1TB
    • 2.     My problem:
    • 2.1.    After upgrade from Version 1511 to Version 1607, the SD   card adapter became not visible (not discoverable).
    • 2.2.    In addition, after inserting the SD card into SD slot, the CPU percentage rises to about 40% (System process is consuming this amount of CPU power.
    • 2.3.    After removing the card from the slot, the CPU Power consumption remains high.
    • 3.     In the previous Windows version (i.e. 1511), the SD card was visible and usable, although the CPU Power Consumption was rising to the same high level. In the previous version the "power eater" was System and Compressed memory process (now not visible in Task Manager).

• Edited by lw1948 Monday, August 8, 2016 7:46 AM
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After analyzing your etl file, I noticed that this issue can be caused by ACPI.sys:

At this time, I recommend you check the manufacturer's website of your computer and update the driver for the motherboard, if there is any BIOS update, please install it also to check this issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lw1948 Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:47 PM
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Mostly, the incompatible driver can cause such high CPU performance.

Please open Device manager and remove SD card reader adapter driver, then restart the computer to get it reinstalled.

If the issue still persists, please help to collect performance log for our research:

Install the WPT and record the performance trace when reproduce this issue:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/test/wpt/index

Note after you captured 30s of the high CPU usage issues, stop the logging. Now compress the Noshutdown.etl as zip. Upload this file to your OneDrive or similar and post a link here.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 8, 2016 10:14 AM
  • Hi Kate Li,

1. After reinstalling the SD Card driver (Version 10.1.1.33,  dated 12-Jul-16), the SD card is now visible again like it was in version 1511.

2. Still the CPU power consumption rises to 40% and remains on this level even if the SD card is removed.

3. Attached please find link to the recording I've taken:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsU7mZnaSqdloUR-W5IR_CCduleu

Monday, August 8, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

After analyzing your etl file, I noticed that this issue can be caused by ACPI.sys:

At this time, I recommend you check the manufacturer's website of your computer and update the driver for the motherboard, if there is any BIOS update, please install it also to check this issue.

• Marked as answer by lw1948 Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:47 PM
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:45 AM