Outlook Freezes RRS feed

• Question

• When our company migrated to the cloud my Outlook began freezing.  It mostly happens when I'm in the calendar moving appointments, meetings or reminders around.  Sometimes it happens if an email is coming in while I'm adding an event/mtg to the calendar or if a reminder pops up while I'm typing an email. 

Our IT team researched and found several options to try, mostly involving turning off add-ins under Outlook Options, none of which has worked.  I have also tried running Outlook in Safe mode which worked for many months, but is now freezing also.  Only one other staff at our company has an issue that is similar, and hers is only a delay in seeing the text appear while she's typing emails.  I have had that as well, but it now just freezes. 

The IT team has wiped my profile, re-imaged my computer and had me work on other computers to see if it was a hardware issue, and all of their attempts have shown that it is something specific about my Outlook.  I have begun restarting regular Outlook to experiment since safe mode is freezing, and regular mode freezes again more quickly than safe mode.  It freezes at different times during the day, but it always freezes.  Sometimes other Microsoft programs I have open freeze as well (Word or Excel) but the internet and other databases remain unaffected.

My computer is on a domain, and we are using Office 365 Business Premium as our email server.

Does anyone have an idea how to mitigate this?  I would much appreciate any insights or new ideas to try!  I posted on the Microsoft Community page and they referred me here.

Thank you!

Friday, June 2, 2017 11:03 PM

All replies

• It sounds like your Internet connection isn't robust enough, but that's just a guess based on the symptoms you describe.  Are you configured for cached mode?  That wouldn't fix the problem but it would mask it a lot because users wouldn't have to touch the server for every operation.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, June 3, 2017 12:33 AM
  • Hi,

Have you check if the detailed version of your Outlook is same with the other normal users?

Please try the following steps:

1. If you have installed some third party add-ins please disable one by one and check the result.
    2. Disable all firewall and anti-virus software temporarily to check the issue
    3. Try to create a new windows profile, and add the mail profile, see if the issue still persists

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jason.Chao Monday, June 5, 2017 9:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:53 PM
    Monday, June 5, 2017 9:57 AM