My "Store" is broke. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, didn't want to have to post this (it's kinda on another thread I have but no one has responded cause different topic). Yesterday I had my "Mail" lock up, and couldn't get it to do anything. I was instructed on how to uninstall using the powershell, (which I have already done) and then to reinstall it from the store.  Before I uninstalled the "Mail" program I decided to visit the store, and locate the "Mail" program and see what options it had currently. Well I couldn't go there, It gave me the 2 following screens.  The second screen, no matter how long you let it stay like it is nothing every happens.  Below are the 2 screens: 

I pressed "Update now" and then the second screen came up.  After waiting for over 3 or 4 hours, it never changed.  Besides rebooting, the only thing I've done is run the command : "sfc /scannow" I've tried multiple time to open the "Store" and I get the exact same screen.  Any Ideas what I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Dave

• Edited by Slow Joe Saturday, July 25, 2015 6:03 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 6:02 PM

All replies

• SJ

What build are you on?  Effective Friday any build earlier than 10240 was blocked from the store.  You need to update to current build

The Windows 10 Store team has been making some great fixes and improvements to reliability and performance. To ensure you are able to benefit from these important updates, starting July 24 we will be requiring Insiders who are not running the latest Windows 10 operating system to upgrade their PC; otherwise those affected will be unable to experience the Windows 10 Store. Check Windows Update to make sure you have installed the latest build and the most recent updates.

To verify that you are on the latest build of Windows 10:

•       Type “winver” in to the Search bar (you should see build 10240)

You’ll be all set once on the latest OS build 10240. Most of you will be able to experience our improved Windows 10 Store with no further action required, while a few might see a notification that says “Pardon the Interruption” and a button that will allow you to update to the latest Store version.

To verify that you have the latest Store version,

• Open the Store.
    • Click your profile picture in the upper right.
    • Click Settings.
    • The Store version is listed here and should be equal or greater than 2015.7.22.2.

As always, thank you for your continued feedback to help us make Windows 10 a great experience for our customers!

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, July 25, 2015 6:07 PM
  • Are you on build 10240 ? If yes, is it activated ?

In case you have not read this...... Source

Build 10240 is required to run the new Windows 10 Store

Hello Windows Insiders,

The Windows 10 Store team has been making some great fixes and improvements to reliability and performance. To ensure you are able to benefit from these important updates, starting July 24 we will be requiring Insiders who are not running the latest Windows 10 operating system to upgrade their PC; otherwise those affected will be unable to experience the Windows 10 Store. Check Windows Update to make sure you have installed the latest build and the most recent updates.

To verify that you are on the latest build of Windows 10:

•       Type “winver” in to the Search bar
                           •       You should see the following:

Enjoy the improved Windows 10 Store!

You’ll be all set once on the latest OS build 10240. Most of you will be able to experience our improved Windows 10 Store with no further action required, while a few might see a notification that says “Pardon the Interruption” and a button that will allow you to update to the latest Store version.

To verify that you have the latest Store version,

• Open the Store.
    • Click your profile picture in the upper right.
    • Click Settings.
    • The Store version is listed here and should be equal or greater than 2015.7.22.2.

As always, thank you for your continued feedback to help us make Windows 10 a great experience for our customers!

Saturday, July 25, 2015 6:51 PM
  • ZigZag, thanks for the reply.  I'm currently on build 10.0.10240. I stay as current as I can and update everyday, sometimes more that 3 times a day, to stay up with windows defender. 

Dave

• Edited by Slow Joe Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:38 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:15 PM
  • David hk129, thanks for the reply. Yes I'm on build 10240, and it's activated.

Dave.

• Edited by Slow Joe Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:17 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:16 PM
  • I have the same issue. My 10240 is also updated and activated.

I've tried DISM, SFC, WSReset, reregistering Store via Powershell and System Restore.

But Store remains broken and stuck on the screen above. (It's not therefore possible to check a version number.)

Bruce

Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:56 PM
  • Bruce, glad i'm not the only one. Whats kinda funny is I hardly ever visit the store, but when I need to I can't.

Later,

Dave.

• Edited by Slow Joe Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:16 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:16 PM
  • ZigZag, This morning I tried the Store, still broke.  Went to Windows Update, had 3 updates, went ahead and installed them, and after the install, my Store was working again. Although I'm not sure why any of these three updates would cause my Store to start working again. Below is the updates: 

Although I can now go to the Store, my version number is Version 2015.7.15.1 .  I don't know why mine would be different than 2015.7.22.2, just guess It will catch up one day.  Still trying to re-install "Mail & Calander" now, so far its still at 0% out of  581mb. But since it's half of a GB, just might take awhile.

As far as i'm concerned, unless something else comes up I would consider this as answered.

Thanks All for your help, and concern.

Dave

Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:29 AM
  • I guess I'll reply to myself.  Anyway I can now get to the "Store", unfortunately nothing will download, all I get is "Pending",  or with "Mail" which is what i'm trying to re-install it says "0.0MB of 180.7 MB--Pending". I've tried other programs to download, and it acts normal, like it wants to download them, but nothing happens.  I guess it might have something to do with the version # of my "Store", don't know for sure.. 

A screen shots below:

Dave

P.S. now this is kinda weird I noticed my above message before this I had 581 MB to download, now it's at 0.0 of 187 Mb.. I don't know whats going on.  HELP, maybe it downloads in the background.  I'm too old for this.. 

:-)...

David Bartlett

Sunday, July 26, 2015 5:00 PM
  • Hi SJ,

The slow downloading experience might be caused by the Internet Connection.

The pending state might be that we have some other apps that need to update first.

Do we use any proxy here?

If possible, take a system restart would make such things better.

I tested to uninstall/install OneNote today and without any issues.

We may click on the logon part, there would be lists for the apps that need to update.

Meanwhile, we may create a new account and try to install the mentioned app for a test.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:22 AM
  • Michael thanks for the information.  As I said not really to familiar with the store.  I have downloaded some programs.  I looked at the "Downloads and Installs", seems I have several "Pending" installs or updates which ever they are.  So I'll just sit back and wait it out. 

Again thanks..

Dave

• Edited by Slow Joe Monday, July 27, 2015 9:27 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2015 9:27 AM
  • Same issue here. My store version is 2015.7.1.1, I have an update pending but the download doesn't start. Build is 10240, no proxy, fast internet connection.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:38 PM
  • David, the original problem was not being able to get into the Store at all.  That issue was solved by the updates. Now as with you I have the same Issue I have 10 programs that are either Pending or just sitting there doing nothing. I've left the "Store" up minimized for over 48 hours and the screen has not changed one iota. Below is a screen shot.

I've noticed that the "Store" is one of them, don't know if there is a way to force a kick start to get them going, or just wait forever.

Dave

• Edited by Slow Joe Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:49 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:48 PM