Exchange Connector Access Rules. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Question: Can you use the access rules to block access to Exchange from iPhone with IOS 6.1 installed?  I have never used this feature before and would rather ask then play with it in production. :)

Shawn

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:44 PM

Answers

• I don't have any iDevices to confirm this, but I can't filter out particular versions of Android in my SC2012CM Exchange Connector so I'd assume you can't do it for iDevices either.

You either block all of a particular model/brand or let them through unfortunately.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Believe EAS will not give you this depth of control, it's an all or nothing block, block a specific device type not a specific device ... I can check this and if I remember will come back here to update ...

Rob Marshall | UK | My Blog | WMUG | File CM12 Feedback | CM12 Docs | CM12 Release Notes

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is really more an Exchange question, but I gues you can do it : http://exchangeserverpro.com/block-ios-61-exchange-2010

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Thank you for the info.  I was just wondering if it could be done in ConfigManager. 

Shawn

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:41 PM
  • I don't have any iDevices to confirm this, but I can't filter out particular versions of Android in my SC2012CM Exchange Connector so I'd assume you can't do it for iDevices either.

You either block all of a particular model/brand or let them through unfortunately.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Believe EAS will not give you this depth of control, it's an all or nothing block, block a specific device type not a specific device ... I can check this and if I remember will come back here to update ...

Rob Marshall | UK | My Blog | WMUG | File CM12 Feedback | CM12 Docs | CM12 Release Notes

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:05 PM