none
Problem with Virtual Wifi miniport adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem

It started as such; My Connectify stopped working all of a sudden , I uninstalled it and reinstalled a newer version

but the installation stops everytime while 'installing driver software'

So I headed to Device manager , and I found "Microsoft virtual wireless miniport adapter" with a yellow triangular sign beside it , So i tried to update this driver , but everytime I try , this keeps appearing to me:

"Windows found the software for you device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: The data is invalid"

This is driving me crazy because  I have been searching the internet for an effective solution and I found none till know

Any help?

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi MichaelKamalEzzat,

Please right click the Microsoft virtual wireless miniport adapter and choose uninstall and the same as the "Network adapter". Restart the machine to have a check. These drivers should be reinstalled automatically.
    If the issue persists, we could disable Microsoft virtual wireless miniport adapter to have a check. As far as I know, the Microsoft virtual wireless miniport adapter is usually used for Virtual WiFi Hotspot. If you don`t want to use the Virtual WiFi Hotspot, we could disable it directly.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 6:51 AM