none
Report a bad update RRS feed

• Question

• How do you report a bad windows update?   The update KB4579311 brought on the Blue Screen of Death nightmare, starting with a "System Thread Exception Not Handled" for WppRecorder.sys.   

I finally was able to reinstall windows.  However, when I did a windows update, the nightmare began again.  So, I am 100% sure this is not working on my machine.   I am running W10, 32 bit.   

I have froze installation of this update until Nov 6.   So, my computer is working and the nightmare is delayed.   

This is beyond inconvenient.   I have considerable software to reinstall, too.

Friday, October 23, 2020 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi there.

Had the same problem two days ago.

Was told temporary solution is to disable Windows Update service (via services.msc) and use the drive cleanup tool to delete the Windows Update Cleanup (need to choose clean system files).

It seems to only affect 32bit versions.

Lets see how long Microsoft takes to fix this latest Windows Update screwup.

• Edited by Impar Saturday, October 24, 2020 10:01 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2020 9:41 AM
  • This is a forum strictly related to SysInternals Tools questions.

Microsoft has moved all the old version of the forums to a new site called "Microsoft Q&A": Microsoft Q&A supported products | Microsoft Docs

Please visit that site and post your question to the rigth forum.

Thanks for your cooperation!

HTH
    -mario

Monday, October 26, 2020 9:37 AM