Exchange ActiveSync Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got the problem with Exchange ActiveSync (Exchange Server 2007), that's unable to connect to server from mobile phone (Android  and iOS).

Actually problem is just start from after issue the new certificate. I generate the new certificate because Outlook got the error message (The security certificate has expored or is not yet valid.)

So I issue the new certificate ( self-signed certificates.) from exchange by using get-exchangecertificate -thumbprint .... |new-exchangecertificate and then already remove old one. After that Outlook problem already resolve but all our staff mobile device can't connect to exchange server previously work very well.

So, please advice me to resolve the problem.

Thanks. 

Programming is Art.

• Edited by Soee Thiha Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:59 AM

Answers

• Self-signed certificates won't work in mobile devices unless you manually install the root certificate in every device.  It's usually better to obtain a UCC certificate from a public CA that is trusted by mobile devices.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, March 11, 2013 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:16 AM

All replies

• Self-signed certificates won't work in mobile devices unless you manually install the root certificate in every device.  It's usually better to obtain a UCC certificate from a public CA that is trusted by mobile devices.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, March 11, 2013 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:16 AM
  • Thank you Ed Crowley, for your reply, actually I am not a IT Pros but I have to solve it. So I don't know about those UCC certificate.

The thing that I don't understand why previously working very well, it's working tail yesterday before I issue the new certificate on exchange.

I just issue with following command.

get-exchangecertificate -thumbprint .... |new-exchangecertificate certificate

So it that called self-signed certificate ?
    how do i get UCC ?
    Sorry for my funny question.

Programming is Art.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:01 AM
  • A Universal Communications Certificate (UCC) supports Subject Alternative Names, allowing you to put your service name (e.g., webmail) and autodiscover in the same certificate with other names if you need them.  Buying a certificate (UCC, wildard or single-name) from a publisher trusted by mobile devices means you don't have to install root certificates in your users' phones.  Go Daddy is the cheapest I've found whose certificates are trusted by mobile device makers and Windows by default.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ucc+certificate

Without looking at your environment I can't tell you why it was working before.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:56 PM