none
Outlook saves message to Drafts without sending RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since the Catalina update, I have developed a problem in Outlook.  All e-mails I send are saved to Drafts but not forwarded to the Outbox.  They are never sent.  Also, I cannot receive e-mails.

I have changed no settings.

Anybody have a similar problem?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:13 PM

All replies

• Same problem here. In addition, I also don't receive new emails either.
    • Edited by Dougw1025 Thursday, October 31, 2019 6:07 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 6:05 PM
  • Hi Jonathan,

Do you use Outlook for Mac? What’s the detailed version?

Instead of installing updates to Mac OS, please also install available updates to Outlook for Mac to check the results.

Besides, what’s your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP? First, I would recommend you create a new profile. Refer to steps in this article.

I found one similar post in Gmail Forum about Gmail sync issue after Catalina update. Please check whether this is the case for you.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 1, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi Jonathan,

Can you send out emails correctly?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 6:34 AM
  • I’ll write a brief summary here for your information:

[Issue Symptom:]

====================

Outlook cannot send emails. Sent emails are saved in Draft instead of going to Outbox.

[Troubleshooting Steps so far:]

1. Install available updates to Office 
    2. Create a new profile

[Reference:]

====================

Similiar thread here: https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/17718799?hl=en

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:39 AM