• Question

• Can anybody please give me the registry values of

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplications"

in Windows 8.1?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:58 AM

Answers

• Hi SirupyPoet,

I suggest you find a test machine, then find the path in registry. After that, right click the registry folder in export it. Then you could import it to the issued PC.

Also, here is my registry key.  Just try to copy the code below into notepad and save it as .reg. Then import the file under the path in registry:
    Note: To avoid unexpected error after the registry key change, please backup your registry key first.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplications]
    "Paint"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Applets\\Paint\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Search"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows Search\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Disc Image Burner"="Software\\Microsoft\\IsoBurn\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Photo Viewer"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows Photo Viewer\\Capabilities"
    "Wordpad"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Applets\\Wordpad\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Media Player"="Software\\Clients\\Media\\Windows Media Player\\Capabilities"
    "Internet Explorer"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Address Book"="Software\\Clients\\Contacts\\Address Book\\Capabilities"
    "PhotoManager"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\PhotoManager\\Capabilities"
    "File Explorer"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Capabilities"

However, we do not guarantee this key must work for your system, you could give it a try.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SirupyPoet Friday, December 4, 2015 10:14 PM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 9:23 AM

All replies

• That depends on the individual computer. If I gave you mine, it would contain programs you do not have installed.
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Well, I think any different form will do for me.

I can edit it to fit my installed programs.

A program uninstaller deleted the whole entries in the above key,

and now I cannot set 'Default Programs' in Control Panel,

and the .url shortcut is not working.

So any variant will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:08 PM
  • Hi SirupyPoet,

I suggest you find a test machine, then find the path in registry. After that, right click the registry folder in export it. Then you could import it to the issued PC.

Also, here is my registry key.  Just try to copy the code below into notepad and save it as .reg. Then import the file under the path in registry:
    Note: To avoid unexpected error after the registry key change, please backup your registry key first.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplications]
    "Paint"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Applets\\Paint\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Search"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows Search\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Disc Image Burner"="Software\\Microsoft\\IsoBurn\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Photo Viewer"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows Photo Viewer\\Capabilities"
    "Wordpad"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Applets\\Wordpad\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Media Player"="Software\\Clients\\Media\\Windows Media Player\\Capabilities"
    "Internet Explorer"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Capabilities"
    "Windows Address Book"="Software\\Clients\\Contacts\\Address Book\\Capabilities"
    "PhotoManager"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\PhotoManager\\Capabilities"
    "File Explorer"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Capabilities"

However, we do not guarantee this key must work for your system, you could give it a try.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SirupyPoet Friday, December 4, 2015 10:14 PM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 9:23 AM
  • Thank you very much!

What a kind and considerate reply!

Your answer immediately solved my problem,

and now everything is fine.

Thank you again and best wishes!!

Friday, December 4, 2015 10:14 PM