Disappearing items in a WSS 3.0 event calendar RRS feed

• Question

• WSS 3.0

Will someone please try to duplicate these steps?

1. Navigate to WSS app page
    2. Navigate to an Event Calendar
    3. Add enough entries to have 5+ entries on every work day in the last week of the month
    4. Switch to the Month view

At this point, you should have something like "2 more items"

5. Click "2 more items" to expand the selection for a day on the bottom row.

I've only been able to duplicate this for events on the last week of the month.

6. After trying to expand the view for that day, the items disappear from the view

Keep in mind that the entries have not been deleted. If you go to the Day or Week view, the entries are visible.

Also, in case it helps, WSS is hosted on the same server that has our DC, AD, Exchange, etc. We're a small business.

Thanks in advance for taking the time read this!

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:38 PM

Answers

• I actually came across this same question in 2009 in a different forum; here's my response from then:

Unfortunately, what it looks like you have run into is that all day event bug in Sharepoint. There is a known bug that when there are quite a few (usually 3 or more) all day events in one week, the rest of the events (whether all day or not) will not appear. These all day events take up a block and push all the other events lower and lower until they are no longer visible.

Microsoft is aware of this and it doesn't sound like they are going to fix it. They said they meant for it to be that way. Anyway..... I think the only way around it is to just uncheck "all day event" in each item. The recurrence is fine -- keep that.

I don't remember where I had found the information stating this was intentional.

• Marked as answer by Eric Hula Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:21 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:17 PM

All replies

• I actually came across this same question in 2009 in a different forum; here's my response from then:

Unfortunately, what it looks like you have run into is that all day event bug in Sharepoint. There is a known bug that when there are quite a few (usually 3 or more) all day events in one week, the rest of the events (whether all day or not) will not appear. These all day events take up a block and push all the other events lower and lower until they are no longer visible.

Microsoft is aware of this and it doesn't sound like they are going to fix it. They said they meant for it to be that way. Anyway..... I think the only way around it is to just uncheck "all day event" in each item. The recurrence is fine -- keep that.

I don't remember where I had found the information stating this was intentional.

• Marked as answer by Eric Hula Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:21 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:17 PM
  • I do indeed have all day events rather frequently, but they could be changed to 8a-5p events. It's also being used for vacation times which spreads out the event over multiple days and All Day.

Thank you so much!

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:21 PM